At ADBIS we attach great importance to the protection of personal data. This privacy statement is based on the principle that you as a community member have maximum control over your privacy. ADBIS complies with the provisions of the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), effective from 25 May 2018.
In this statement we set out which personal data we process, for which purpose this data is needed, how and how long we retain this personal data, and in what way you as a customer or end user can exercise rights in respect of this.
This privacy statement applies to all community members of ADBIS, as well as to all visitors of the ADBIS websites. This privacy statement provides a comprehensive picture of the present situation. The statement may be amended if new developments give rise to this. The most recent version of the privacy statement is available at https://adbis2019.um.si/terms-and-conditions-of-email-subscription/.
1. The data processor
The party responsible for the processing of your personal data is ADBIS, Koroška 46, 2000 Maribor, Slovenia. If you have any questions about the privacy statement, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Data protection
ADBIS is committed to optimally protecting your personal data from unlawful use, access, loss or unavailability of your data. Only authorised personnel have access to your personal data. The storage and transfer of your personal data via the Internet are protected through techniques in normal current use.
3. Overview of processing operations
Below is an overview of the different categories of personal data processed by ADBIS and the purposes for which this personal data are processed.
ADBIS processes personal data to inform customers via email or mail about the performance of the agreement and for direct marketing purposes (see also 3.3 Marketing purposes).
ADBIS processes personal data of customers for statistical analyses and reporting purposes. Based on these analyses and reports, the management of ADBIS takes decisions, evaluates products and services and assesses the effectiveness of promotional campaigns, for example.
We use the personal data obtained, including data voluntarily provided by you (such as your name and email address), for these reports.
In some cases, we must engage third parties (see also sharing of your personal data with third parties) for the handling of your requests and orders. These third parties may only use the disclosed data for the performance of their specific tasks and not for any other purposes. These third parties are also obliged to comply with the provisions of the GDPR in the performance of their tasks.
3.3. Marketing purposes
ADBIS strives to tailor its marketing and sales activities as much as possible to the needs of its customers. In the context of these marketing activities, the sale of services, you provide (personal) data, for example if you participate in a survey or competition. We process this personal data provided by you, such as your name and email address, in order to provide you with tailored information about available services and news.
4. Personal data categories
ADBIS distinguishes between different categories of personal data.
Contact details and personal details
Your name, address, email address, telephone number and job title. This category of personal data is processed in the context of sales and relevant information provision.
Cookies may contain the contents of your shopping cart in a web shop, for example. Such cookies are called functional cookies. Cookies can also be used to uniquely identify your browser and your visit, to analyse how visitors behave on a website, to assess the effectiveness of online advertising campaigns and to show certain advertisements based on surfing behaviour. Such cookies are called analytics cookies and advertising cookies. When a cookie is placed and read out, personal data are processed, such as your IP address and your surfing behaviour to and on our website.
ADBIS uses all three types of cookies. Functional cookies are used to ensure the proper functioning of certain parts of our website. Analytics cookies are used to analyse the visiting behaviour of users of our website, for example to see where visitors come from, where they go to and how they move around our website. We use this information to better tailor our website to the needs and behaviour of visitors to our website. Advertising cookies allow us to recognise visitors of our website who viewed a banner of ADBIS earlier on another website. These cookies are therefore also called tracking cookies. These allow us to see whether our advertising spending actually pays off. Advertising cookies also allow us to target our advertising more effectively.
When you visit the ADBIS website for the first time, your consent will be asked for the use of advertising cookies. If you consent, all types of cookies are placed. If you do not consent, only functional and analytics cookies are placed. No advertising/tracking cookies will be placed.
If your browser is set to refuse all cookies automatically, no cookies are placed at all. In that case, some features of the website may not function properly.
5. Retention of personal data
ADBIS retains your personal data no longer than strictly necessary to achieve the purposes for which your personal data are collected.
Your personal data, that is your title, first name, last name, email address, telephone number, street, house number, postal code, town and country, are not retained for longer than three (3) years if no agreement is concluded with you.
In addition, ADBIS is obliged to keep its accounting records for ten (10) years for the tax authorities. The accounting records include all invoices sent to customers, including all personal data stated on the invoices.
If you unsubscribe from our newsletter, your personal data are no longer retained to send you newsletters. However, your personal data may be retained on a different legal basis, for example because you purchased a service from us (agreement).
6. Using the photographic material
ADBIS 2019 is a public event where photos will be taken from the side of the organizer or from the other participants or media. By attending the event, an individual agrees with the use of photographic material taken at the conference ADBIS 2019. The pictures will be taken throughout the whole event. If you do not wish to be on the photos, you can notify the photographer on this. The photographic material from the conference, which will be collected by the organizer, will be used for memories on the event, publication on the website and on social networks, reporting to media about the event. No photo will be linked with name and surname of the attendee.
7. Sharing your data with third parties
ADBIS may choose to outsource certain activities, because ADBIS does not possess certain knowledge or because the specialist knowledge of other parties is more effective. ADBIS requires these third parties to guarantee that the provided personal data will only be used for the purpose set out and to detail how the third party will protect the personal data and how the third party will destroy the personal data after their use.
7.1. Activities involving third parties
• Mail and parcel delivery services (the relevant party)
• Sending newsletters (the relevant party)
Our website contains links to other websites. This privacy statement only applies to our website. If you visit other websites, we recommend that you always read the privacy policies of those websites.
We are not responsible for the content of websites that you access via links on this website, nor are we deemed to agree with the content made available via these links.
9. Your rights
1. You always have the right to have inaccurate, incomplete, inappropriate or out-of-date personal data removed or corrected. You can contact us in the following ways to exercise this right:
- via email: email@example.com
2. In addition, you always have the right to access and review your personal data. For access to your personal data, you can send a written request to ADBIS in the following ways:
- via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. As a customer, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data or to withdraw your earlier consent for certain processing of your personal data. For this you can contact us in writing:
- via email: email@example.com
If you exercise this right, we request that you indicate clearly which processing (operations) you object to or which consent you wish to withdraw.We wish to point out that your objection to certain processing of your personal data may result in you no longer being able to use certain services or products offered by us.
4. You have the right to be forgotten and to have your personal data removed in the following cases:
- If the retention or processing of your personal data infringes Belgian or European law
- If your personal data is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected
- If you withdraw your consent for the processing and there is no other legal basis that justifies the processing of your personal data
- If you object to processing and there is no prevailing mandatory legal basis for the processing
- If we would process your personal data in an unlawful manner
- If certain provisions of Union law must be complied with
- If you are under the age of 16 and your personal data is collected and processed in relation to the offer of information society services without the consent of your parents or guardian.
For this you can contact us in writing:
- via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
In this context, ADBIS shall remove and destroy all your personal data in its possession, except in the following cases:
- A legal obligation to retain these personal data;
- The institution, substantiation or exercise of a legal claim.
5. You have the right to portability of your personal data you provided us with. In this context, you will receive the personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
6. You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Privacy Commission if we do not respond to your request to access your personal data, refuse your request or if our response does not meet your expectations. You also have the right to lodge a complaint if you are of the opinion that our processing operations are unauthorised.
7. Should you wish to exercise your rights, please provide us with proof of your identity, in order to prevent any unauthorised disclosure or processing of your personal data. We ask you to preferably enclose a copy of the front of your identity card with your request. We will only use this copy to execute your requested rights.
Should you have any questions about the privacy statement, please contact us via email@example.com.
This statement was last updated in September 2018.