The day has started with a keynote speech by Nada Lavrač with the title “Relational and Semantic Data Mining”. Two more sessions with 7 presented papers followed the keynote speech and we ended the conference with closing where another award was given for the only accepted paper at ADBIS conference with solely student authors to Anastasia Birillo and Nikita Bobrov for the paper “Smart Caching for Efficient Functional Dependency Discovery”. At the end of the closing ceremony, ADBIS 2020 conference, which will be held in Lyon, France, was presented: http://eric.univ-lyon2.fr/adbis-tpdl-eda-2020/adbis/
We have started the day with a keynote speech by Abdelkader Hameurlain with the title Evolution of Data Management Systems: State of the Art and Open Issues, afterwards 3 parallel sessions took place. The afternoon and evening were filled with social activities. First, we visited the Bled castle and afterwards we had a rich conference dinner with awards given and Slovenian folk dance presented.
Best paper award was presented to Gaël Bernard and Periklis Andritsos for the paper Accurate and Transparent Path Prediction Using Process Mining.
We also presented some more awards:
- Award for the first submitted and accepted paper was presented to Tanja Auge and Andreas Heuer; for the paper ProSA – Using the CHASE for Provenance Management
- Award for the shortest adbis 2019 paper title was presented to Adam Brzeski, Kamil Grinholc, Kamil Nowodworski and Adam Przybylek for the paper Residual MobileNets
- Award for the longest conference paper title was presented to Udo Bub for the paper Systematic Creation of Cumulative Design Science Research Knowledge
with Case Study in the Field of Automatic Speech Recognition
- Award for the most authors per paper was presented to Jorge Martinez-Gil, Mario Pichler, Tina Beranič, Lucija Brezočnik, Muhamed Turkanovic, Gianluca Lentini, Francesca Polettini, Alessandro Lue, Alberto Colorni Vitale, Guillaume Doukhan, Claire Belet for the paper Framework for Assessing the Smartness Maturity Level of Villages
- Award for the most references in the paper was presented to Daniel Popovic, Edouard Fouché and Klemens Böhm for the paper Unsupervised Artificial Neural Networks for Outlier Detection in High-Dimensional Data
- Award for the longest acknowledgement was presented to Syed Muhammad Fawad Ali and Robert Wrembel for the paper Towards a Cost Model to Optimize User-Defined Functions in an ETL Workflow Based on User-Defined Performance Metrics
We have started ADBIS conference with an opening, where Monika with a guitar and a violoncello variegated the program. It continued of with a great keynote speech by Goce Trajcevski on Location-in-time data: compression vs. augmentation. Further on, two parallel sessions were full of interesting presentation until 4.45 PM. Afterwards a steering committee meeting took place and we had a conference reception at 7 PM in The Park Café where a famous Slovenian zither player Tanja Zajc Zupan enriched our evening.
Dear ADBIS participants!
The workshops and Doctoral Consortium at ADBIS were a success!
The best paper award at the doctoral consortium was presented to Étienne Scholly for the paper Business Intelligence & Analytics applied to Public Housing. Congratulations!
ADBIS Workshops and Doctoral Consortium Program
On our site: https://adbis2019.um.si/venue/how-to-reach-bled/ you will find more information on how to reach Bled from the airports etc. You can also share a drive with other ADBIS participants from the airport to Bled (select Shared shuttle transfer): http://www.bledtours.si/conference-transfer-order/adbis-2019-bled
Dear ADBIS attendees! We have published a preliminary program. Please find it at: https://adbis2019.um.si/program/
Dear ADBIS participants! Do not forget to register to ADBIS! https://adbis2019.um.si/registration/
The early bird deadline is 21 June 2019. The only possible payment is via bank transfer. We are looking forward to seeing you in Bled!
Dear ADBIS participants! We have opened ADBIS registration! https://adbis2019.um.si/registration/
Do not miss the early bird deadline (21 June). The only possible payment is via bank transfer. We are looking forward to seeing you in Bled!
Dear ADBIS 2019 attendants!
We have published a website with all accommodation details: https://adbis2019.um.si/accomodation/
The hotel venue is Hotel Park ****, Bled. Two more hotels offer a special price for our participants, these are Hotel Savica Garni **** and Hotel Jadran ***. To get the special prices for the hotels, please follow the links on the Accomodation website! All the hotels are within a walking distance of Hotel Park.
Exclusive prices are applicable until 8 July 2019. The number of rooms in each hotel is limited.
We invite PhD students to present their research ideas at ADBIS 2019. The doctoral consortium session will take place on September 8, 2019 in Bled, Slovenia. There is time to submit your proposals by 31 May, 2019. We are looking forward to hear about your research!